Schindler Elevator Ltd. / TMG, Zugerstrasse 13, 6030 Ebikon, Switzerland (“TMG” or “we”) has created this
we would like to inform you about the data we collect, how such data is used, with whom it is shared, for how
long it is stored, and how you can access your information we collect.
1. What information we collect from you and for how long
We collect personal information that you provide or make available to us in a variety of ways, including through
online forms for registration or ordering products and services, and other instances (e.g. by way of e-mail or
direct contact) or that is needed to provide and/or improve our services to you, to contact you, to conduct
developments to improve our systems (e.g. PORT, myPORT) and to conduct researches (e.g. traffic analyses),
to provide internal reporting, to apply with applicable laws, and to enforce our legal rights.
The data we collect is information that identifies you and your visitors personally, and may include:
- First and last name(s)
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Password to access PORT and myPORT and the related services
- Answers to security questions
- Access rights/permissions (within building(s))
- Telephone number of visitors you allow to use our systems and services
- Camera images
- Logging, tracking, and statistical data
- IP address, if you use our services
- Customer number
- Payment and billing information
Your personal information will be stored for the time you are listed as a user of our devices, systems, and
services or as long as the storage of the data is of legal relevance for TMG’s business (e.g. according to the
regulation on mandatory accounting).
2. How we use information we collect
or that is evident from the circumstances, i.e. necessary for the performance of the contract, or that is provided
for by law. Following you can find the specific purposes for which we may use the personal information we
collect about you.
- We use your personal information to provide the requested services to you, including to process transactions with you, authenticate you, provide customer support, operate and maintain services, and to claim our rights.
- To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights.
- We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above.
3. How we share information we collect
TMG as a data controller uses data processors, such as Amazon and Swisscom. We share information also
with other third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, support, and market our
- We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis, and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you.
- We work with third parties which provide consulting, sales, and technical services to deliver and implement services provided by us.
Data protection agreements or standard contractual data protection clauses and confidentiality clauses are in
4. How to access your information we collect
You can deny that we may use your personal information at any time or receive information about your personal
information collected by us. Your requests may be limited in certain cases. For example, if we are permitted by
law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep the information.
Your requests may lead to the situation that TMG has no access to personal information necessary for the
performance of the contract. In these cases, TMG cannot be held liable for non-fulfillment of the contract and for
any costs and damages.
Deletion or change requests of your data requires a rigorous identification of you as we have to ensure strictly
that no wrong data (i.e. data of third persons) is affected and that you are really the correct person to ask for
deletion or change. This might involve a personal identification process.
For more information on managing your account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Your responsibility
You are responsible for the security of your passwords and the correctness of your personal information. Make
sure you keep the passwords in a safe place and do not share them with others.
6. Who is responsible for the privacy of your personal data / Help section
which is responsible for the controlling, processing, and securing of the data collected from you.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.